Easy Cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » » Birthday Celebrations

Birthday Celebrations

Dining Experience: Birthday Celebration. Who's? MINE :) 
Venue: Bodega
Specialty: French
Location: Baldwin Street in Toronto
Menu items:  French Onion Soup Gratinee and Pan Seared Scallops with Prawn Ravioli.
Wine Pairing: Italian Pinot Grigio 

As my love for food started in France, I figured what better way to kick-off my very own Foodies Inc. blog, than to write about French food! 

French cuisine is amongst the most celebrated types of cuisines in the world. Is delicate, yet rich; buttery, yet balanced and it does not make you fat. Ok, the last statement its probably not 100% true, but according to best selling author, Mireille Guiliano, French women don't get fat!   And that my foodies, is true.  Because its all about food portion control, and a place like Bodega with the decent size portions validates this.

Bodega is a restaurant located in the famous Baldwin street, which really consists of an almost half a block strip stuffed with 10 or so restaurants.  I believe Baldwin to be a very unique street with tons of good variety.  If you are foodie, you will know about this street for sure.

I started my lovely French meal with a staple, French onion soup.  

The soup's recipe, to my knowledge, is one of the easiest to make. Getting the ingredients to balance in one's palette, is a whole other thing.  This soup was perfection - not too salty, not too oily and with the right balance of onions.  I was very happy my meal had a great start.

Next, I had the Ravioli appetizer as a main. One of the neat things about Bodega is that you can turn any appetizer into a entree, so I did.



The ravioli was extremely fresh and was stuffed with the prawns. The scallops where hanging around next to them and drizzled with a lovely Saffron cream sauce.  If I can add, I am a saffron fan and if I find this ingredient in any restaurant menu, I am most likely to order that dish...just because of the saffron, yum! Any who, the ravioli was topped with crispy onions which gave it a nice touch and balanced the creaminess of the sauce to give it a crunchy texture.  I would highly recommend this dish.

As for dessert, we skipped dessert at the restaurant as my family surprised me with a home made chocolate cake with raspberry coulis.  My sister made this and needless to say, I was extremely happy we skipped dessert. Thanks to my sister for always being so special to me  (awww).

Until next time Foodies!

Buen Provecho,
Foodies Inc.
Bodega on Urbanspoon
SHARE

About Admin

0 comments :

Post a Comment